, , , , , , ,

MOLIMU Food Check: My favorite Food Shows Part 2

9:42 AM


In my first post on some of my favorite food shows, I already introduced you to Eddie Huang and teh Food Channel show "Unique eats". For the second part, I will start off with one of the most well known chefs that turned into a TV personality as well as another great Vice project.




Vice Magazine: Munchies
 
Who would have thought that Vice magazine is putting out some of the best food-related shows out there?! I have grown very fond of the magazines online resources over the last few months as they are constantly releasing excellent material on all things lifestyle related. This also goes for their “Munchies” webseries , which provides a short but very entertaining look on some of Americas best and upcoming chefs. Each episode focuses on one chef who goes out with friends to  visit some of his favorite restaurants and bars in the city. Since these restaurants and bars are mostly owned by friends, the viewer gets a pretty good insight into the network that influences young chefs  these days while some of them also share some interesting stories on their experiences in the industry.

For more episodes check their Youtube channel.

Anthony Bordain: The Layover

Now, let's start with one of the most prominent cooks on TV: Anthony Bourdain. The former chef has turned himself into a brand that certainly has paved the way for many other cooks on cooking channels and Internet shows such as the aforementioned Eddie Huang. Bourdain's brash, often boozy and straight-forward way of visiting restaurants all over the world has earned him quite the reputation. While he admits to the fact that he sometimes comes off a little over the top, you have to give it up to the man for building such a strong career even though he isn't willing to completeley adjust himself to the "establishement" of TV-personalities. I have read his first book "Kitchen Confidential" and it was such an entertaining look into the story of an up-and-coming chef, that I had to start watching some of his TV shows. While he has has multiple shows that all basically center around him flying around the world to meet other chefs and foodies to indulge into eating and drinking, I always liked "The Layover" the most. Maybe because it is a little more action-packed in comparison to "No Reservations" or maybe because the spots he visits are a little more extraordinary, I don't know. All I can say is that his persona and his shows are very very entertaining and I can only suggest that you read his books!

You need to search around a little bit to find all the episodes but Youtube provides quite a few results ;-)

You Might Also Like

3 Kommentare

  1. I absolutely LOVE The Layover! I've only watched the Amsterdam and Seattle episodes and it's so great for travelers! After watching the Seattle episode it made me homesick for all the good eats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mireille, I know it's like the most entertaining food show I have seen. I just watched the Seattle episode a couple days ago and it made me remember all the great places in the Seattle area to eat at :-) Man I need to go back there sometime soon, it's such a beautiful place! You should definately check out the San Francisco and Sao Paulo episodes as well, they all make you so travel-hungry ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a very good article that I really like and will definitely share it widely with my friends, wish you all good health and make more articles in the future. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

recent posts