, , , , , , ,

MOLIMU Food Check: My favorite Food Shows Part 1

6:02 PM



A little while ago, I regained my interest in watching little food documentaries on the Internet because I have always been both interested in and open towards new and exciting foods. I wouldn’t call myself a foodie because I’m clearly lacking any insight wisdom on most products, but I do pay attention to quality and love to go out for some well made dishes. From my experiences I have learned that as always in life it’s very necessary to keep an open mind in regards to anything food-related because otherwise you will miss out on some of the best dishes.

Lately, I have been watching some shows that deal with food in completely different ways and are presented by quite interesting personas. They also differ in running length, but all of them are a perfect watch if you have a little spare time and either want to get hungry or inspired for some great food. 
I'll split this up in two parts so the amount of possible videos to watch isn't too overhelming for you guys!

Fresh off the Boat with Eddie Huang: 
 
Let’s start this list off with one of the up-and-coming cooks in New York City: Eddie Huang. He is of taiwanese-american decent and therefore pays a lot of attention to traditional techniques of food preparation as well as new influences on foreign cuisines in America. His own restaurant “Baohaus” is making quite some waves in NYC and certainly is at the top my list for my next visit to the city. There, he serves typical Taiwanese street food in the form of filled buns. After a few stints on the popular Cooking Channel, he collaborated with popular Vice magazine on his own Webseries titled “Fresh off the boat with Eddie Huang”. This show gave him the chance to visit exotic places and cities while keeping his street-oriented lingo and humour which was definitely out of place on the Cooking Channel. I like the fact that Huang is able to show that an interest in quality food and lifestyle doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to be uptight about it. He keeps a relaxed and funny atmosphere on his show even though he comes off a little cocky at times.
Check out some more episodes here!

Unique Eats:
 
This show is solely focused on showing the best food around the US  and has a more traditional appeal to it. In typical food network fashion, it presents a cool restaurant by showing off some of its main dishes while letting popular Cooking Channel-personalities comment on the food and cooks. This can be a little exhausting ( I’m sure that it’s impossible to use the word “unique” more often in 20 minutes), but the choice of restaurants as well as the short yet entertaining presentation of them make for a pretty good combination. 

Check out some more episodes here!

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Popular Posts

recent posts