, ,

MOLIMU's Top 3 up and coming artists

11:01 PM


Ok it’s been a while and a lot has happened since I last posted: I moved to Paris got overwhelmed by new impressions and new people that I wanted to write about but just never found the time to post.

But because several people kept on asking me for new posts and since I have vacation right now I finally found some precious spare time to get MOLIMU back on track!

To start off with, I will share some new music artists that I have stumbled upon or that I think you should know. Enough talking, here goes the list!




Alex Clare

How do the Britains keep on churning out new great music artists like no other country?! The latest example is singer Alex Clare who’s debut album „The Lateness of the Hour“ was released in july and who apparently used to date Amy Winehouse in 2006. The Diplo and Switch produced album is the perfect mixture of great vocals, inventive ideas and expeimental electronic backgrounds. I mean who thought you could cover Prince’s „When doves Cry“ as a dubstep version and sound good while doing it?! I expect big things from Mr. Clare in the future so you should hurry up and check him out asap!

Tightrope
Tight Rope by Alex Clare

When Doves Cry
When Doves Cry by Alex Clare

Damn Your Eyes
Alex Clare - Damn Your Eyes by Alex Clare

Treading Water
Treading Water by Alex Clare


Childish Gambino

I have to admit that I was super late on listening to actor/musician Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino’s music, but once I did I was blown away. This dude has so much talent both lyrically as well as in mixing styles and creating a great musical diversity in his releases. From super ignorant, cocky verses to very insightful and self-reflecting songs he can do it all while even singing most of his hooks himself. His reinterpretations of Kanye West’s „All of the lights“ (Break) or Adele’s „Melt my heart to Stone“ (Do Ya Like) show that he doesn’t have to hide behind big names and I am already looking for his debut album „Camp“ which will be released this year!

Do Ya like
Do Ya Like by Childish Gambino

All the Shine
All The Shine by Childish Gambino

Put it in my Video
Put It In My Video by Childish Gambino

I can hear your feet
I Can Hear Your Feet (Sunrise) by Childish Gambino

Ben Westbeech

I have been listening to british DJ, Singer and Producer Ben Westbeech for quite a while now, but I have the feeling that his music never really gets the recognition it deserves. I first heard his voice on the ultra funky Jazzanova song „I Can See“ and he has collaborated with other great artists like dutch rap trip Kraak & Smaak („Squeeze Me“). This summer he released his sophomore album and it’s a great mixture of songwriter songs and house music. His voice is way too good to ignore it!

Inflections
Ben Westbeech - Inflections (Produced by Henrik Schwarz) by AlcaSwann


I can See
Ben Westbeech - I Can See by martinh-1

Squeeze Me
Kraak & Smaak - Squeeze Me by Madison House

Butterflies

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Popular Posts

recent posts