, , , , , , ,

MOLIMU essentials: A History in Hats Part 2

8:38 AM


In the last MOLIMU essentials post, I introduced you to a first selection of some of my favorite baseball caps from my collection. At the end of that post, I wrote about the Marc Jacobs x New Era collaboration which definately was one of the first mixture of a higher end brand with New Era. Since then many trendy labels have picked up on street influences and urban culture for their collections. As a result the baseball cap has definately seen a resurgence in style and is seen as a legit fashion choice for fasionistas. Therefore, I will show you some of the collaborations that led to this new acceptance of the Basecap.


New Era x Maison Kitsuné:

I have been a fan of french brand "Maison Kitsuné" or simply "Kitsuné" for quite a while now as they represent basically an indeal aesthtetic to me. On the one hand their record label releases some of the freshest music out there and was involved in scouting some incredible artists like Phoenix for example. On the other hand their fashion label releases a great variety and mixture from  Streetwear pieces to High Fashion. When I stayed in Paris, this hat was a must-have and to this day this is definately one of my favorites from the collection!

New Era x Kenzo:

When "Kenzo" got hot again a couple seasons ago, the Internet buzz was crazy. I proved to be a Hypebeast and got these two New Era hats as well as a pullover from the first Humberto Leon and Carol Lim collection for the fashion house. But like always, the brand is starting to cool off a little already and while I still wear and really like the pieces I got, I have a feeling that the flashy collection from Leon and Lim won't keep fashion editors hyped up for much longer.


Supreme NYC hats:

"Supreme" is somewhat of a mistery, as it has been able to be one of the hottest brand for ages while keeping availability scarce and shops rare. While the brand has certainly faced an increasing public interest due to more mainstream artists rocking their gear, I think that no one can blame "Supreme" for becoming a sell-out. I think that they will rather continue their great artsy and street-influenced designs without any conformity and therefore won't become the next "Stüssy"

I've bought a couple Supreme hats at their London shop and I think that particularly their 5-panels are incredible accessories! My favorite has to be the blue collaboration with Liberty London as the fabric is simply amazing!


New Era x Staple

The "Staple" pigeon design is one of the greatest New Era collaborations that was ever released. I got the hat quite a few years ago after the insane hype around the Nike Pigeon Dunk, which was probably one of the craziest sneaker releases of all time! I bought the hat right away when I saw it in Berlin because the details are just incredible. First of all, the Staple pigeon is a landmark in Streetwear culture and only those in the know actually that this hat is not from some minor league baseball team. In top of that, the colortheme of mixing pink black and gray is also a pretty classic combination that goes really well with other pieces of clothing. What takes this hat over the top though is the funny pigeon poop stain on the back of the hat! It looks so realistic that I already had quite a few people tell me that a pigeon just pooped on my hat and when it's always good for a laugh :-)

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Popular Posts

recent posts