, , ,

Reading tip: The Paradox of Parody Designer Tees

7:56 PM

via Highsnobiety

A couple weeks ago, I wrote a post on how much I dislike the ongoing trend of ripping off Designer logos. These days it his hard to walk down the street without seeing some a cheap-looking and poorly-made logo print on a T-Shirt or tote bag.

While I focused mainly on the negative aspects of this trend, the team at Highsnobiety see it from a different angle. You should certainly check out the very interesting article that somewhat extends my thoughts towards the impact on fashion culture in general. While I still dislike many of the prints, the article points out some very positive possibilities that come along with a smaller gap between luxury and streetwear brands such as new forms of collaboration.

The post is definately worth a read and the blog itself is currently one of the best out there so be sure to check it out!

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Popular Posts

recent posts