, , , , ,

MOLIMU Fashion Week Check: Pigalle Menswear Spring/Summer 2014

11:25 PM


Pigalle - PAUSE - S/S 2014 from PIGALLE PARIS on Vimeo.



The international Fashion circuit has been in heavy rotation for the past weeks as it's Fashion Week time again. This special chapter of the year brings us the newest trends, collections and stories to talk about. While everyone lusts after a direct invitation to the shows, most of us have to look through the collections on their laptop screens. Since the sheer amount of shows that take place in only a couple of weeks can be quite exhausting, I decided to pick out some of my favorites for you.

To start this off, I have chosen a label that I have been a fan of for over 2 years now: Pigalle Paris. The fusion of street and basketball influences with forward thinking menswear makes for a mesmerizing combination that caters exactly to my aesthetics.


I stumbled upon Pigalle during my Erasmus semester in Paris while walking around the Pigalle quartier. After a nice chat with founder Stephane Ashpool and his mom, I got myself 2 basic boxlogo tees and have since tried to get my hand on more pieces from this upcoming label that has much more to offer than basics.

For a couple seasons, Pigalle has put together innovative and highly entertaining presentations of their collections and I love their street- /modern gipsy-look. Therefore, I looked up their collection right away and the label delivered a really strong body of work!

First of all, I love the fact that every piece of the collections is wearable! Nevertheless, a creative and artistic vision is clearly visible. A red threat throughout the collection is a white splatter design on different background colors which was applied to numerous pieces and makes each garment pop out of the more toned down colour schemes. I am a huge fan of College Jackets and the two examples shown here are sureshots. I particularly like the all white Jacket with black accents!

The allusion to Basketball shorts in some of the looks, especially the nude colorway, is a great stretch from street to more sophisticated fashion. Ashpool is deeply rooted in Paris' Streetball scene and has always kept Sportswear elements in his collections.

As always with Pigalle the headwear pieces are on point, featuring different silhouettes from traditional Borsalino-style hats to Basecaps.

I could do without the trench coats, but I guess you cannot love every single piece of a collection, but I am already looking forward to my next Paris trip to stock up on more Pigalle pieces! You should definately keep an eye on the brand as I am sure that its popularity will increase rapidly over the next two years!

Check out the entire collection over at NowFashion and take a look at some presentations of older collections here!

You Might Also Like

1 Kommentare

  1. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page Mens Wear Accessory Theory is the only online magazine dedicated to Menswear Accessories and style.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

recent posts